• blog
  • art
  • illustration
  • comics
  • exhibitions
  • info
  • home

Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Popeye #2 is out this week!

Popeye #2 variant covers by Roger Langridge and Tony Millionaire

Sappo and Wotasnozzle from Popeye #2

IDW's Popeye #2 hits comic shops Wednesday, June 6th, and it features a seven page back-up story featuring Sappo and O.G. Wotasnozzle, written by Roger Langridge and penciled, inked and hand-lettered by ME!

Popeye #3 cover by Tom Neely
Popeye #3 will be out next month - 22 pages of Popeye and Wimpy boxing The Phantom Crusher written by Roger Langridge and penciled, inked, lettered and colored all by me! There's a short interview with me, with a couple of preview pages from Popeye #3, over at Bleeding Cool.

Everybody go get Popeye Comics at your local comic shop! Or get it online from IDW!

4 comments:

Comicbookrehab said...

I wonder how Doppleganger would fit in the continuity here. 'Cause I'm countin' it. :)

tom Neely said...

Even though I drew it a year earlier, it fits in perfectly where I had my own existential crisis while drawing these Popeye comics.

Comicbookrehab said...

Neat! That was much more interesting than a robot Popeye...unless it was programmed with Popeye's memories, like The Vision...:)

KW said...

So well done, I thought these were reprints of old classic comics so I passed them by a couple of times. I figured I probably already had reprints of them in old Gold Key and Whitman comics. I had no idea they were brand spankin new stories and drawings. They're perfect in every way! So good you almost lost a sale over it.